Skip to main content

KEYSTONE HABIT

    Reading, studying shouldn't be forced. It can't be forced.
It's voluntary, it's something that you do naturally,out of curiosity.You only need that trigger event that would make you not only cultivate a reading habit but it would spread across other areas of your life. Let me tell you my own story, early in my 20s I was lost, in the sense that I didn't know or have purpose. I wake up everyday angry and frustrated,my mom always nagging me, friends that I thought would be in my life for ever had left me not even answering my calls or replying my messages. That really broke me. Long story short, I fell into depression at age 21, mehn it was scary at first like really scary, I didn't know it was depression because I've never been depressed before so I didn't know what was wrong with me. I just knew that things don't excite me anymore even things I can't do without like listen to music didn't come to my mind, I lost my personality, I had suicidal thoughts, panic attacks was over the top. So it went on and on. Then I started googling the symptoms I had and most of them were tied to depression then I knew It was depression that was wrong with me. I would never forget this, I wrote in a book that my thoughts are like pieces of paper thrown from a rooftop, scattered all around. I remember googling how long does depression last and I saw 8 to 10months I was like woah! 8 to what!!!! So I had to stay strong, that was my only choice. So one day I asked myself what did I really love and love doing, then I remembered music. I needed something to distract me and like a form of therapy, I hit my guy up he's also into music production, he put me through, gave me softwares and all then I started doing it on my own. I fell in love with making beats, and I started getting better and better. Little by little the depression was subsiding, then it was like I found my purpose , I now know what I'm on Earth to do. Before you know I started studying about music and music productions, watching interviews upon interviews, reading articles anywhere I found one. Then I started cleaning up my life as well, started cleaning up my room, my mom didn't have to nag about how untidy my room was. Then I started buying books to read with my own money, first time in my life, then curiosity followed. I would read anything that sparks my interest, I gained consciousness , I started knowing myself and choosing the right people that I want in my life and space. Now I'm hopeful no matter what goes around me , positivity stays no matter what.
      So me finding my purpose in music production also spread across to other areas of my life. People are big readers  because they enjoy it, they read because it sparks there interest and it's useful to them in reality. So you can't force anyone to read or study it has to come from within. To the parents that spend loads of money on extra class hours, stop wasting your money. Study your child and communicate with her. Every one is different and school doesn't give room for authenticity. To the teachers that grade the assimilation of knowledge with speed, fast learner /Slow Learner , be careful, that could be the next jack ma or Albert Einstein you are standing in front of. If you do your research you would find out that Albert Einstein was a fucking slow learner. Slow learning Is conscious learning, taking your time to understand the way things work not just to know and recite things. I think slow learning should be a habit every one should adopt in finding your own truth.

         SLOW LEARNER STUDY GROUP
                                Est. 1995

Comments

  1. This is very enlightening. We share some connection. That part about your thought being like paper scattered from a rooftop got me. Reminded me of how I compared my thoughts to a mess of jumbled up wires which can be difficult to entangle. We're destined for greatness. We are. Bless you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, thank you for your comment. We are glad that we can connect with you. Please feel free to read our other blogs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT & WHY SUBJECTS SHOULD BE TAUGHT IN SCHOOLS

   I won't even like to call it "subject" I would prefer "matters or issues of life" that should be attended to in schools. Like I have said earlier in one of my previous blogs and as we all know that the school system is filled with abstract subjects, subjects that are far from reality. School, school teachers is a very strong influence in the life of every individual. Teaching / Lecturing is not a job , it is a ministry , it is divine. But you see society calls it a job just because at the end of the month the pay check comes in not knowing that you are part of a system molding a life here, you are molding a destiny. I for once would never forget my first year primary school teacher, why, because she taught me how to read and everyone reads or everyone should read. There are adult individuals in their thirties and forties and even above that still make references to their lecturers/teachers back in their school years. Therefore school and teachers play a signi

SLOW BUT CONSCIOUS

"Everytime we spend together there is fire in our eyes. All the things we said to each other are just nothing but truthful lies. I go dey think sey I know you well untill you choose to do me so. Now I see, now, i see!" //// "Life is so simple but they make it complicated. To be civilized you do not have to be educated. Let's make it happen so we time will not be wasted. Most of the things are anticipated like to trample on another man to be elevated, inflated egos can surely be deflated. The power of forgiveness is underrated but with love and equality we all were created. I keep on saying these things cus I know, I keep on saying these things until I go... Now, I see, now, I see!".      This is a quoted lyrics from the song, Spiritual Healing by 2face Idibia (2baba)   All the things we said to each other are just nothing but truthful lies.   Conversations most of the time is used to break the ice and to escape from awkward situations. It carries no truth and ho